Better Storms Longer Days
This mod makes a number of changes to make storms feel more natural and realistic:
- Transitions of storm effects (stormy to clear and vice versa), as well as storm-related cloud coverage changes are much slower and more gradual. It no longer seems as if someone just pushed an "INSTANT STORM NOW!" button;
- The maximum cloud coverage during storms is increased from around 85% to 100%;
- The duration of storms is doubled but the time in between storms has also been increased;
- Storm warning time is greatly increased, from 25 seconds to 2 minutes.
Furthermore this mod doubles the duration of days and nights.
As a little side bonus, I made the atmosphere seen around distant planets in space is a bit thinner, as they look rather too thick in vanilla NMS.
This mod is incompatible with other mods that modify GCSKYGLOBALS.GLOBALS.MBIN
1) Make sure that DISABLEMODS.TXT file from PCBANKS folder does not exist. If it exists, delete it or rename it
2) Create a folder named MODS in Program Files (x86)SteamsteamappscommonNo Man's SkyGAMEDATAPCBANKS (if it already exists, skip this step)
3) Copy/paste/drag _Better_Storms_Longer_Days.pak into the MODS folder