This mod makes a number of changes to make storms feel more natural and realistic:
- Transitions of storm effects (stormy to clear and vice versa), as well as storm-related cloud coverage changes are much slower and more gradual. It no longer seems as if someone just pushed an “INSTANT STORM NOW!” button;
- The maximum cloud coverage during storms is increased from around 85% to 100%;
- The duration of storms is doubled but the time in between storms has also been increased;
- Storm warning time is greatly increased, from 25 seconds to 2 minutes.
Furthermore this mod doubles the duration of days and nights.
As a little side bonus, I made the atmosphere seen around distant planets in space is a bit thinner, as they look rather too thick in vanilla NMS.
This mod is incompatible with other mods that modify GCSKYGLOBALS.GLOBALS.MBIN
Changes the amount of time between storms. This is my first attempt at a mod and while it seems to be working so far, I’m not guaranteeing anything, so good luck. This is compatible with NEXT.
This mod is probably not compatible with anything that modifies the GCSKYGLOBALS.GLOBALS.MBIN file.
Thanks for everyone’s suggestions and critiques.
Last update. I made some more variations of this with the Longer Days mod (https://www.nexusmods.com/nomanssky/mods/629) merged in. It contains x2/x4/x10/24 hours versions. These differ from the update below in that the day/night cycle will remain, they’ll just be longer.
Added an attempt at combining the Longer Days mod (https://videogamemods.com/nomanssky/mods/longer-days-for-atlas-rises/) with this one.
New file is named appropriately and combines the 60-90 minute storm intervals with a 90 minute daytime period + disabling the day/night cycle. I do not know if this will properly make it daytime all the time and I don’t really care to test it. If someone else wants to, I’ll update this.
Added a bunch of different variations:
- 10 – 15 minutes
- 15 – 60 minutes
- 15 – 90 minutes
- 30 – 60 minutes
- 30 – 90 minutes
- 60 – 90 minutes (tested, most definitely works)
- 10 – 15 hours (untested, may not work properly)
Note that last one is in hours. That one is basically an “I don’t want storms ever”.
The files are named appropriately so just pick the one you want, but only pick one.
This mod increases the length of the day-night cycle to 3600(x2) or 7200(x4) seconds (Your choosing), from a default of 1800 seconds.
Incompatible with ThiccFogLongDays.