For a better immersion, clear your view from most of the icons, reveal them only using the Analysis Visor.
Based on LATTYHO’s mods, ie “Remove Intrusive Building Icons / Remove Discovered Buildings Icons / Undiscovered Building Icon Remover” this will remove most of icons from the plain view. They will appear only with use of Analysis Visor, so on foot.
While flying tho, the text appears on destination while hoovering. Sadly future technology has no clue on how to project those info on the cockpit window ;o)
– 4 options, choose and install only one of them –
- _MOD.zUseBinoc_v96.pak : icons are revealed by the use of Analysis Visor.
- _MOD.zUseBinoc_NoCircle_v96.pak : undiscovered structures and creatures don’t shows ripples. Discovered building still emit some hexagonal ripples (which may help navigation).
- _MOD.zUseBinoc_NoCircleHex_v96.pak : No ripples coming from structures or creatures.
- _MOD.zUseBinoc_NoHex_v96.pak : discovered structures don’t show hexagonal ripples.
I recommend using the “Less Intrusive Icon” mod from TinyLittleBits for a more complete immersion.
Icons are not shown on the HUD in while flying your spaceship (obviously those binocular are to heavy to hold them with one hand and keep the other one onto the stick), but you can use the tagging building system…