Grappling Options (Infinite Range, Double Range, etc)
So, as the title says, this mod removes the limit on the grappling range. You can now grapple and tether objects from miles away!
- The only thing restricting the grappling range is the engine, since you can only grapple to locations which have been loaded into memory. Ground that is extremely far away can be seen, but it's just an image so you can't actually grapple to it. There is no way around this.
Discussion v1.0.0 - v1.1.0
After changing the title the old comments disappeared. Here's a link to the old discussion: https://disqus.com/home/discussion/vgmods/infinite_grappling_range_just_cause_3_mods_httpjustcause3modscom/
- Open the downloaded archive
- Pick one of the options available (these are shown as directories, e.g. "Infinite Range" and "2x Range") and open the directory
- Extract the dropzone folder inside as a whole to your Just Cause 3 installation directory. The resulting setup should look like this: C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Just Cause 3/dropzone
- You'll also need to enable the dropzone folder by launching the game with some parameters. To do that:
- Open Steam
- Right click Just Cause 3 and go to "Properties"
- Click "Set launch options"
- Paste in this text: --vfs-fs dropzone --vfs-archive patch_win64 --vfs-archive archives_win64 --vfs-fs
- Click "OK" and then "Close"
- Remove these files:
- Added High Grapple Speed - Infinite Range - Infinite Strength option
- Added double grappling range option.
- Added support for the Just Cause 2 grappling hook model (and by proxy any mods using that model, such as the "just cause 2 grappling hook mod": http://videogamemods.com/justcause3/mods/just-cause-2-grapple-hook-mod/).